- This is to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us.
- Our policy complies with UK law, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
The basis on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant we shall immediately stop processing your data.
If the basis changes we shall notify you of this change and details of any new basis.
Information we process with your consent
This lawful basis applies should you decide to engage our services beyond using our website.Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you ask us to provide you more information about our business, including our products and services, you provide your consent to us to process information that may be personal information.
Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information. For example; signed consent form or terms of engagement letter for the acquisition of further consultancy services.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may compile it in a general way and use it to provide industry sector information.
If you have given us explicit permission to do so, we may from time to time pass your name and contact information to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be reasonably assumed that your consent no longer exists.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at www.valueouragency.com. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
This lawful basis applies to your use, our operation and processing of information via our website.We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess trends within the marketing and advertising sector(s), but not in a way that could identify you, your business or any other person.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do so after giving careful consideration to:
- whether the same objective could be achieved through other means
- whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- responding to communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us through our website. Our website never requests any direct debit, card payment or bank instruction.
Sending a message to our support team
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply to increase the efficiency of our business. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address, to be able to track our communications with you and provide high quality service.
If we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.We use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint.
Affiliate and business partner information
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or as a business partner.It allows us to recognise visitors that you have referred to us. The information is not used for any other purpose.
We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship.
We expect any affiliate or partner to agree to reciprocate this policy.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
Third party advertising on our website
Third parties may not advertise on our website. We are protecting you from agents or other companies who may use technology that automatically collects information about you via advertising.
We do not transfer or process any data outside the United Kingdom.
Access to your own information
Access to your personal information
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you.
To obtain a copy or submit changes of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at [email]
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website or records, you may contact us at [email]
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity. This is important to safeguard your information.
Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
Encryption of data sent between us
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us.
Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
How you can complain
- If you are dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Retention period for personal data
Except as mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your information only for as long as required by us for our overview / analytics of sector performance and to provide you with the services you have requested.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.